Sunday, December 19, 2010

Baby #2

Well friends, we're going on a second adventure.  Baby #2 is baking in my baby maker.  I am 16 weeks pregnant.  Through Kaiser they said I qualified for more prenatal appointments based on my initial phone interview after conceiving.  I had a feeling it was in regards to genetics.  I was right.  I have already had a genetic appointment but since there is no way to formally confirm or deny that Sarah has CPT II, we do not know if we are carriers or if the second child could have CPT II.  Basically all the genetic doctor did was add the information about possible CPT II onto my chart because the only mention was in Sarah's medical records.  She also requested 3 extra blood tests to be done throughout my pregnancy to check my liver because she said HELP Syndrome is possibly connected with women carrying babies with CPT.  I wasn't able to find any proof of this connection during my little Google search but I figured a few extra blood tests won't hurt. 

I'm going into this pregnancy way more grounded in the reality that anything can happen.  I have no control over what happens with this little life inside me (Ok, I can take vitamins and not eat junk but, ultimately, there is no control).  This understanding has made me less fearful.  I'm just letting it go and we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment